Copyright © Living with Confidence
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, July 19, 2016
Another day....

Sitting on my green sofa, looking out at the beautiful mountains.  My head is aching this morning and I'm still being a bit of a baby about not having a car to use.  To get to work I have to use public transportation.

A normal Tuesday involves me driving to the library (about 20 min away), sometimes stopping at Starbucks on the way there, then speech therapy, then the pool, then home.  Then work (30 min away).  Well, I have no car and no agenda.  I think we need to walk to the grocery store at some point.
I thought an early morning walk to Starbucks would be nice, maybe to the drug store.  Someone got water in the advil pills and I'm ready for this headache to go away.  I need pain killers.  The car can get fixed tomorrow, but we don't have the money to fix it.  This is a problem that will get solved.

One of today's reading was on self sufficiency.... "let it begin with me."  I still often want a knight in shining armor.  Early in our married days, this was a big one for me.  If Hubby wasn't doing something "right," my job was to lament or nag.  Not to, you know, just do it myself.  I've now learned that if our lawn is not watered, it's not Hubby's fault.  It's mine.  I want it watered, I should water it.  This realization was difficult for me because it pointed out all my flaws.  It's not that Hubby can't keep the grass watered, it's that I can't.  That's rough.  Then multiply that to all the flaws in our life.  Then came me letting go of perfectionism and trying to be ok with my flaws, etc.

Anyways.  Today, I need to do a few things that are new for me.

1) take public transportation to work
2) I need to get myself to jiffylube to ask the manager to pay for the car.  They can say no, but part of "let it begin with me" is asking for help.


Quote for the day
"Let It Begin with Me" reminds me that no one is a mind reader. If I want or need something, I have to let someone know. I need to ask, which means taking risks. Maybe my request will be granted, maybe it won't. If it is, great. If it isn't, I'll still feel better for having asked, and then I can move on to someone else who might be able to help me.

*I don't know if I feel better for having asked, but I know I did what I need to for my family.

Slogan for the day: Let it begin with me (surprise, surprise)



Gratitude List
1.  J's Little Triangle that she makes with her fingers
2.  This comfy sofa (which we got for free!!)
3.  A healthy body
4.  A huge window 
5.  Birds beautiful calls and the ability to remember names of trees

0 comments:

Post a Comment