Copyright © Living with Confidence
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, July 26, 2016
Day 3 of eating plan.  Woo hoo!  And I dropped a lot of weight, so I'm almost back to where I was pre binge.  I'm curious what my weight will be if I continue on this plan for a long time.  Hubby thinks I'll be back to my weight of early/mid 20s, before my metabolism kicked in.  It's about 5-7lb lighter than before i had kiddos (unless I was crazy dieting).  We will see.  I'm sure.  I will do this.  If it stays where I am today, that's ok too, though.  I like where I am today.

I almost missed my writing today.  It's a couple hours later than I normally blog because well.... life.  Kiddos wanted breakfast, then puzzle, then diaper changes, skype with Grandma and before I know it it's almost time to leave for the library.   I can tell L needs another diaper change, but she doesn't seem to mind and I know how important this is.  Last time I skipped my readings and blog, I had a horrendous day and was not my kind self.

My quote for today is quite long:

I'm learning to identify illusions that make my life unmanageable. For example, I wanted to stop controlling people and situations, but the harder I tried, the more I felt as if I were knocking my head against a wall. Then someone mentioned that I couldn't give up something I didn't have. Perhaps I could try giving up the illusion of control. Once I saw that my attempts to exercise power were based on illusions, it was easier to let go and let God.
Another illusion is that I have a big hole inside and I must fill it with something from outside myself. Compulsively shopping, obsessing about relationships, trying to fix everyone else's problems -- these are some of the ways I've tried to fill this hole. Yet the problem is spiritual emptiness and must be filled from within. It wasn't until I saw through the illusion that I was deficient and needed to look outside myself that I began to heal.
Today's Reminder
Today, if I hear myself thinking that I am not good enough or that I need something outside myself to make me whole. I'll know that I am listening to illusions. Today I can call an Al-Anon friend and come back to reality.
". . . human beings, by changing the inner attitudes of their minds, can change the outer aspects of their lives." William James

Slogans: Let go and let God, One Day at a Time

Gratitude:
1) L is trying to walk and waving hi and bye and trying to roar for bear sounds (so grateful!)
2) Grateful for insurance
3) Grateful for freedom in America
4) Grateful for a healthy world that I can go outside and enjoy
5) Grateful for headache medication that actually works for me!!


1 comments:

  1. This quote is the hardest for me. It definitely is the center of my addiction. Thank you for being someone I can reach out too!

    ReplyDelete