Copyright © Living with Confidence
Design by Dzignine
Thursday, July 21, 2016
Good Morning, World!

This morning, I am collapsing into this friendly green sofa as I look out at my beloved mountains.
I am tired, so tired.  My body is recovering from something and my head aches.

I did a good job yesterday drinking lots of water and sticking to my eating plan.  Day 1 on eating plan.  I only hope I can do sixty days before getting off again.  That would feel so good!  I think starting out by eating maximum calories, was a good move.

Hubby was so kind (he has such a good heart) and woke up with L this morning, so I could sleep in.  It makes me laugh that waking up at 6:30am is sleeping in, but it certainly is.  I'm grateful that I married such a sweet man.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
oooooooooooooooooooook.  I'm going to jump into the quote for today.  This was posted on one of my facebook recovery groups....

"I want happiness. It occurred to me to do this that I would have to.do things that make me happy, and avoid doing things that make me unhappy."  

Extremely simple.  Common sense.  But, yet... I miss this often.  I think part of my slump is because not having a car prevented me from doing some of the things that make me happy.

What makes me happy?
1) walking at the arboretum
2) swimming at the pool with the kids
3) going to the library
4) 5ks
5) being on top of my finances
6) being on my eating plan
7) journaling
8) having a neat house
9) audio books
10) reading with the kids

There are many more things, but those are most relevant for today.

What makes me unhappy?
1) letting the kids watch shows on the computer

I'm only putting that one.  I've been letting the kids watch shows more frequently, so I can work on my self care.  The problem is that I feel HORRIBLE about it.  I feel like an awful parent and then I believe it has the reverse effect.  I think I can still do self care and find other things to keep them busy.

Having the car back will help me do more of the "happy" things on the list.  Today, we will get out into nature, do gymnastics, pool and maybe a craft.

I'm getting a little break with work because many of my clients are taking vacations in the beginning of August.  The break is nice, but the financial situation is dire.  I did file my taxes last night (a REALLY big deal).  Having to estimate was difficult for me, but it feels really really good to have that done.  A gigantic weight has been lifted.  I have been in a holding pattern for awhile and I want to make sure I give myself credit.  I did something good.

I feel like I could write much more this morning...... but, life beckons.

Gratitude List
1.  Tea
2.  Health
3.  Trenta size at Starbucks
4.  The Arboretum
5.  Our wonderful public swimming pool/splash pad
6.  friends

Slogan: One Day at a Time, Keep it Simple

Self Care: Drink lots of water, be emotionally kind to myself, stay on eating plan at 600 per meal


0 comments:

Post a Comment