Copyright © Living with Confidence
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, July 17, 2016
Today was a wonderful day!  A long Sunday.  I actually lost track of time.  I haven't done that in years!  I got rid of most of the ants.  They keep coming back in random places (like the bathtub faucet).

Hubby has derailed a bit.  He has been acting intoxicated today and when he told me he was going for a run, took his bike to go get a 6 pack of beer.  When he came home and I told him that I saw him, he told me the truth - which was wonderful!  No shaming took place and I'm not getting ahead of myself and thinking this is the end of the world.  Lack of secrets is huge relationship wise and me not becoming super fearful and upset is huge too.  I'm still keeping my boundaries too, but lovingly. I will not be with him when he drinks.  J had a long and late nap, so will be up later.  I put on a Winnie the Pooh movie in Spanish and she's interested - hurrah!

I'm in the office with her.  She's cuddled up with her blanket watching the movie, L is asleep and I'm typing this on my computer.  I can't believe how much I got done today.  The house looks pretty good.  There is more to do, but I can feel good about my victory for now.

Watching Hubby today brought back some bad memories.  I'm so glad that this is not our normal anymore.  There was a link about Amanda Bynes.  She very publicly had adult onset Bipolar Disorder.  So much about her story resonates with me.  I remember seeing stories about her crazy texts and erratic behavior.  I remember people now understanding what was going on with this previously very "together" celebrity.  This is how it was with Hubby and me.  I didn't understand.  I'm glad Amanda Bynes is doing better.  I'm glad Hubby is doing better.  I hope nothing major happens tonight and he just sleeps.

As for me, I'm making new school schedules for the girls.  Food wise, I'm totally off kilter, but I won't feel badly about that.  I lost 20lb over the last few months and I know that one day off won't break that.  Even a few won't.  I'm in maintenance mode.  I don't have any amends to make for today.

I'm currently grateful for

1) The beautiful mountain view I see from my cozy green sofa (I'm out of the office and in the living room now).
2) A whiny ginger haired dog that is the best cuddler around.
3) Vacuum
4) This computer - it was a purchase I wasn't sure if I should make and VERY VERY worth it!
5) Winnie the Pooh

0 comments:

Post a Comment