Copyright © Living with Confidence
Design by Dzignine
Monday, August 8, 2016
Daily Quote
I need not judge the rate at which I change old habits or ways of thinking. If I am uncomfortable with old behavior, then on some level I am already moving toward changing it. Change will not be effective unless I am ready for it. I need only trust that, when the time comes to move forward, I will know it. 
"Remind me each day that the race is not always to the swift; that there is more to life than increasing its speed. Let me look upward into the towering oak and know that it grew great and strong because it grew slowly and well." Orin L. Crain

It amazes me that this was from one of my daily meditations.  It is so on target for my previous post, speaking about the tortoise and the hare.  I feel that higher power brought it to me today. 

I love that last quote by Orin L Crain.  "Let me look upward into the towering oak and know that it grew great and strong because it grew slowly and well."

Stability before strength is the motto my husband has for his business.  It applies in so many different areas.  First, we need a strong foundation to build upon.  I internally hum "The wise man built his house upon a rock."  

Ok, I was interrupted by my sweet daughter J.  She wants to read books.  Oh, I'm so grateful that she loves books.  

Anyways... I'm writing this late in the morning today (6:30am has become late!!) and we have a big day ahead of us.  

One thing I've been wanting to write about is hope.  I'm going to get back to that later, but recently I've been inspired occupationally and it's changed my mindset dramatically.  

Gratitude List
1.  Grateful for hope
2.  Grateful for L and J
3.  Grateful for being able to search on the internet
4.  Grateful for al anon
5.  Grateful for health
6.  Grateful that I love my handsome hubby
7.  Grateful that I'm liking myself this morning.  

Joy!
1.  Nature              2.  Laughing with my kids.             3.  Gardening                 
4.  Giving.   Using my gifts to give to others makes me feel fantastic!



Slogans for today:  Let it begin with me, One day at a time





1 comments:

  1. That same line spoke to me as well, and I love your husband's motto. Such wisdom! What occupational inspirations have you received?

    ReplyDelete