Copyright © Living with Confidence
Design by Dzignine
Wednesday, August 10, 2016
Quote for Today


God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
Courage to change the things I can,
And wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace


Quote 2
"The stroke of the tongue breaketh the bones. Weigh thy words in a balance and make a door and a bar for thy mouth. Envy and wrath shorten the life." 
Let me reflect how much damage I may have done, and may still do, by saying the first thing that comes to mind. Let me realize that the worst reaction of unbridled anger falls upon me. What I say in a single moment of uncontrolled rage can have inconceivable long-range consequences.
"Be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath, for the truth of man worketh not the righteousness of God." (General Epistle of James)


Quote 3
HFT
As a child I lived in a fantasy world where to think it so would make it so. Combined with my need for perfectionism and self-control, I believed I could think myself out of reacting emotionally to people and situations. I carried these misperceptions into adulthood. In my denial, I thought I could make myself not feel anything. I had practiced being tough for a long time.
In Al-Anon the emotional truth of my life surfaced as I accepted my past. At first I felt terrified. Ugliness locked deep inside me -- anger, fear, and resentment -- poured forth like boiling lava from an erupting volcano.
As I continued to feel and express my emotions, the lava cooled and reached calmer, level ground. I went through a period of thinking I must apply perfectionism and self-control to my now-out-in-the-open emotional life. This was short-lived because life kept happening, and so did my emotions. I was healthy enough to know that stuffing my feelings would impede my recovery. Anything less than honesty wouldn't work.
I'm learning to be comfortable with my feelings as I accept whatever life brings my way. I use the Serenity Prayer and the slogans "Think" and "Keep It Simple." Using "Easy Does It" and "One Day at a Time" helps, too. I'll never forget when I chose to face my dark side. When I did, my gentle side became available, and my emotional life grew more balanced. Today, instead of veering between extremes, I'm living a life of stability and serenity.
Thought for the Day
In order to heal, I need to feel. It might be rough going at first, but I know my Higher Power and the program will help me find an emotional center point.
"The more we accept and share our feelings, the closer we come to experiencing the full range of our emotions, from sadness to joy." Alateen's 4th Step Inventory, p. 32

Gratitude List
1.  Yummy and affordable yogurt - mmmm!
2.  L's hair.  I just adore her wacky hair.
3.  Health.  So grateful for good health in all my family.
4.  My amazing family of origin.
5.  My car.

Slogans for Today:  
I had forgotten about the slogan THINK - Is it Thoughtful, Honest, Intelligent Necessary, Kind.  Today, I am going to THINK before I speak.  Or attempt to.

Easy does it.  I am tired today.  My body is tired and my mind is tired and I have a big day with two new assessments.  Easy does it is perfect for today!

Also, one day at a time - Hubby and I are trying to restore intimacy.  One day at a time.  Building a business.  One day at a time.

And here is my confidence booster.....
If he/she can do it...... so can I.  I was feeling overwhelmed yesterday when thinking about my business.  It feels so big.  But other people do it.  And if they can do it, I can too.  I definitely can.

Ok.  Dr.'s today, then some food prep/cleaning up, al anon, work, and home.  I can TOTALLY do this.  Going to do it for style.

And to F, my dear friend who reads this.........  I loved loved loved your DOING comment.  It made me laugh in my heart.

Soooo, let's get to..................doing!  or DOING! 

1 comments:

  1. Glad I made you laugh! I shared it with the kids, and they thought it was hilarious too.

    ReplyDelete