Copyright © Living with Confidence
Design by Dzignine
Tuesday, September 6, 2016

My favorite Quotes

 "Teach me to leave to others their inborn right to dignity and independence, as I wish to have them leave mine to me." - ODAT September 6th




"The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise, we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them"  - Thomas Merton



"My leadership style is different from the strict authoritarian style in the alcoholic home of my childhood. I simply present my experience, strength, and hope to others and provide support and encouragement for them to do their best. I strive to let it begin with me, which is true Al-Anon leadership in action." September 7th



" Let us recognize that the alcoholic -- insecure, lonely, and often too sensitive to life's realities -- usually has many endearing qualities to be grateful for. Indeed, many of us wouldn't want to exchange him for a less interesting, if more dependable partner."



If I can bring sunshine into our home, it cannot fail to affect those in it. "Help me to use the gifts You have given me. I want to use them to help others through making my own world better and brighter."



"I many not have grown up the way I wanted to the first time, but I can grow up all over again in Al-Anon." HFT September 14th 




"I need to nurture myself with gratitude." Courage to Change September 20th "





"My feelings are neither right nor wrong but are important by virtue of being mine." . . . In All Our Affairs





"During bleak periods of my recovery, my Higher Power reminds me that the best way out is through. "  Hope for Today, September 21st 



"Feelings are neither good nor bad -- they are simply a part of who I am." CTC September 26th  


“Learn to face things as they come, and when they come, with calm deliberation. We may not be able to control events, but we can control our attitudes toward them.”  ODAT October 13th


"I have an innate ability to heal and to grow.  I don’t need to force myself to change. All I have to do is show up and be willing. when I am ready, the changes will come easily." CTC October 24th
The beginning of love is to let those we love be perfectly themselves, and not to twist them to fit our own image. Otherwise we love only the reflection of ourselves we find in them. Thomas Merton
Read more at: http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/t/thomasmert121801.html

1 comments: