Copyright © Living with Confidence
Design by Dzignine
Saturday, September 10, 2016
Yesterday was a bit of a blur.  A little sleeping, which is exactly what my body needed.  A little work.. A little farmer's market.  Hubby and I did a 2.5 hr training at J's new preschool and I was overjoyed by it.  It's just what I want.  I feel very good about having her there.

I am so grateful because Hubby cleaned up most of the house today (and it needed it).  I'm not a very good multi tasker and while I'm working on my online product, household stuff is going unchecked.  And then, of course, the lack of sleep is making me look my memory.

I didn't even realize that I missed a day of meditations.  And then I tried to remember yesterday and it was mainly a blur.  I actually just went asked hubby what we did.  Humbling!

Anyways, I have two days of meditations to do today. 


---------------------------------------------------------
Passage 1

ODAT
Here's an eye-opening, mind opening question to ask myself: What am I doing with what I've got? Instead of crying over what I don't have, and wishing my life were different, what am I doing with what I've got?
Am I so sure I'm doing everything possible to make my life a success? Am I using my capabilities well? Do I recognize and appreciate all I have to be grateful for?
Actually I am the possessor of unlimited resources. The more I do with them, the more they will grow, to overshadow and cancel out the difficult and painful aspects that now get so much of my attention.
Today's Reminder
Isn't my life full of potential good that I'm no using? Couldn't I bring it to fruition by changing my attitude? As a beginning, I will apply liberal amounts of gratitude for even my littlest advantages and pleasures. When I build on this precious foundation of present, tangible good, things will continue to change for the better.
"God make me grateful for all the good things I have been taking for granted."


**I love how gratitude acts as an antidote to so many things!


Passage 2

HFT
Al-Anon suggests I "Keep It Simple." I used to think keeping it simple meant doing whatever I needed to do to keep people from being angry with me. Not so! Keeping it simple means I don't have to do ten things at once so that everyone is happy. The slogan indicates I don't even have to think of ten things at once. Keeping it simple also implies that I can make decisions with my own best interests in mind.I don 't need to complicate my life with guesswork about others' actions or feelings. Keeping it simple helps me say great phrases like, "I need some time to think about that" and "I'll need to get back to you with my decision." "I'm not sure," or "I don't know the answer to that" are also responses that work well.
Keeping it simple denotes I don't have to respond to the face of anger. I don't have to explain my motives to an irrational person. Keeping it simple suggests I don't have to take on someone else's guilt and frustrations. It signifies that my integrity is protected and remains intact. Keeping it simple gives me time to enjoy the lovely, carefree things in life -- like breathing deeply, smiling broadly, and laughing out loud!
When I practice "Keep It Simple," my decisions and responsibilities become clear so I can deal with them quickly and get on with enjoying my life.
Thought for the Day
What happens when I practice "Keep It Simple"?
"I look at the simple things around me -- a smile, a beautiful sunrise, a warm feeling about a friend -- and try to Keep It Simple in my life today." Alateen -- a day at a time, p. 46


**I really love this passage on keeping it simple.  Brings up boundaries, loving detachment, saying "no" or "I don't know."..... so many things!




Passage 3

HFT

CTC
Sometimes I sit in a meeting and I don't know how to ask for help. I can get trapped inside my pain. Some nameless thing seems to tear at my insides. I freeze, thinking that if I don't move, it will go away. So I don't ask, I don't talk, and the pain grows.
Does my face look calm? Don't be fooled. I'm just afraid to let you see the truth. You might think I'm foolish or weak. You might reject me. So I don't talk, and the pain remains.
But I listen. And through other people, my Higher Power does for me what I can't do for myself. Someone in the meeting shares and expresses the very feelings I am afraid to describe. My world suddenly widens, and I feel a little safer. I am no longer alone.
Today's Reminder
One of the miracles I have found in Al-Anon is that help often comes when I most need it. When I can't bring myself to reach out for help, it sometimes comes to me. When I don't know what to say, I am given the words I require. And when I share what is in my heart, I may be giving a voice to someone who cannot find his own. Today I have a Higher Power who knows my needs.
"As I walk, As I walk, the universe is walking with me." --from the Navajo rain dance ceremony


**This reminded me a lot of the journey my students with Dyslexia go through.  Part of my new program is getting them connected to others.  We do NOT have to feel alone or struggle alone in this life!  Not when so many are going through similar experiences.  I always get something from my meetings.    



Well, those were yesterday's passages.  I'll come back for today's likely later tonight.  I am still so very tired.  I'd like to finish my presentation tonight, but I don't even know if that's possible.  If I continue feeling as I do now, I'll be sleeping. 

And I am sure I will be ok with it either way.

1 comments:

  1. "What am I doing with what I've got?"
    "I don 't need to complicate my life with guesswork about others' actions or feelings. . . . I don't have to take on someone else's guilt and frustrations."
    "And when I share what is in my heart, I may be giving a voice to someone who cannot find his own."

    These all stuck out to me. Thank you! Your daily devotionals are helping me out as well!

    ReplyDelete