Copyright © Living with Confidence
Design by Dzignine
Sunday, November 27, 2016
Feeling extremely grateful and privileged tonight.   Also, just feeling, like I want to experience some joy!!!!

PASSAGE 1
CTC
I can be proud of the fact that I am a survivor. I have been brought through many struggle in order to be exactly where I am today. Today I know that I am more than my troubles. I am a human being with dignity. I have a wealth of experience that I can put to use by sharing it with those who are going through similar difficulties. I need your the challenges of the future, because I know that today, with the guidance of my Higher Power and with the strength and knowledge I have gained from Al-Anon, I am capable of facing anything life brings me.

Though I once viewed my life is a tragedy, I now have a different perspective on those experiences. I know that I am a stronger person as a result of what I've been through.

Today's Reminder
If I so choose, I can regard everything that happens in my life as a gift from which I can learn and grow. Today I will find something positive hidden within a difficult situation and allow myself to be grateful. I may be surprised at how much a little gratitude can help.
"When it gets dark enough, you can see the stars." Charles A. Beard

**I've heard that quote before and I do like it.  "When it gets dark enough, you can see the stars."  I like how being a survivor is associated with strength.  When you hear speakers who have been through tough things, you don't think of them as weak, but as someone who has taken that, learned from that and survived.  They are strong.  They are an inspiration.  I would like to be that way, too.  And the nice thing is........... that I do have control over some of that!  I can choose not to be a victim,  but instead a survivor. 




PASSAGE 2
ODAT
A man whose wife is an alcoholic often hesitates to seek help in Al-Anon because it seems like the confession of failure on his part. He may be reluctant to let go of the martyrdom of carrying the entire responsibility for the family; perhaps he derives an inner satisfaction from the dependency of the alcoholic, whom he considers weak and helpless.

It's in the Al-Anon program he learns to make himself comfortable this by not accepting his wife responsibilities. He will in time discover his own motivations and change his attitude. And he will do nothing toward controlling his wife's sickness, for the First Step assures him that he cannot.

Today's Reminder
When a man sees the logic and promise in the Al-Anon idea, he will accept the necessity of releasing his wife from his solicitous domination. He will realize that she will seek sobriety only when he allows her to face her problem. His search for help is thus not a confession of failure, but proof of his strength to reach out for a new life for his family.
"If that thou hast the gift of strength, then know thy part is to uplift the trodden low." (George Meredith: The Burden of Strength)

** today, I tried hammering Hubby over the head with his truth about his infidelity.  He is refusing to talk to me about the incident.  I was so excited about our healthy talk.  Yep.  That didn't happen.  I tried to explaining to him pretty much why he, "owes it to me" to talk with me.  It wasn't my proudest moment. 

We truly get much further when treating people with respect.  Anyways, moving on....





PASSAGE 3
HFT
I used to think Tradition Seven, "Every group ought to be fully self-supporting, declining outside contributions," was limited to the financial matters of the group, such as paying rent and providing supplies. It was just a sentence that accompanied the passing of the basket at meetings. Lately I've become more aware of the significance and value of being self-supporting.

Practicing the Seventh Tradition in a broader sense means I give more than money to my group. I give my time and talent in the form of service, which rewards me with increased self-esteem and a greater sense of confidence. I also give my informed opinion during group conscience decisions, which reinforces my sense of worthiness. Contributing to my meetings on various levels also helps me make amends to myself for the times I was not self-supporting in other areas of my life, whether they were physical, emotional, or spiritual. I see a difference in my group and in myself as I contribute more and more. I receive a clear demonstration that I am a valuable part of the meeting and that my input really does matter.

Service is a win-win situation. As I contribute to my meetings, I make a direct investment in the groups that encourage, support, and maintain my well-being. The stronger my meetings become, the more my recovery grows.

Thought for the Day
When I contribute my part to keep my meeting self-supporting, I contribute to my own recovery.
"To think of Tradition Seven as a protection for my spiritual growth is humbling and freeing.” Paths to Recovery, p. 198

1 comments:

  1. I hope you experienced joy that day! Passage 1 is what Dr. Moore said all the time. I love the message of passage 3.

    ReplyDelete