Copyright © Living with Confidence
Design by Dzignine
Monday, March 20, 2017
ODAT - Higher Power
The Higher Power we read about in the Twelve Steps is a Spiritual idea. We may think of this Higher Power as God--Goodness, Power, Love, Spirit, Father, Friend. Or it may be nothing more than the Al-Anon group where we are at last finding ourselves. Because we are willing to acknowledge that something or someone is greater than we are, it becomes a spiritual idea. The very fact of our surrender, our humility, makes it spiritual. Things really began to happen in our lives when we accept the idea that there is a power bigger and wiser than we are. Something begins to happen when we turn to a spiritual idea for our daily guidance.
Today's Reminder
It is my confidence in a Higher Power, working in me, which releases and activates my ability to make my life a more joyous, satisfying experience. I cannot bring this about by relying on myself and my own limited ideas.
"Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers, for there is no power but of God." (Romans)

1 comments:

  1. I have no idea how atheists get through life without feeling depressed and hopeless.

    ReplyDelete